Sexual harassment charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

imacmatt09

My jurisdiction is: Pennsylvania

Okay so I'm 18 and I work at a grocery store. A week or two ago I was in the break room and this girl "E" (age 22) and this kid "G" (age 17) was there also. I jokingly told E to give me head and she laughed and I continued to joke with her like saying I would lick cake off of her and stuff. I then told her I was gonna tell "J" that she gave me head in the break room. I told J that she did and then told him I was joking but to ask her about it. He did then told her it was a joke. She told the manager "C" and I said I was sorry to her. So today I get told that I'm off the schedule and they made me write a paper and they have to turn it into HR. What can happen to me? I'm on probation but I'm almost finished with it, if I get fired I'm screwed.

I was taking percocets during this event due to the removal of my wisdom teeth (this means I had a prescription). I wouldn't say something like this normally so it could be due to the oxycodone in the pills.

Also last summer when I was 17 (5 year age difference which is illegal) she asked me out several times and almost stalked me. I didn't do anything about it because I didn't really care that I was being harassed. She got mad after I wouldn't go out with her and always got mad at me for random stuff at work. This could have something to do with why this turned into such a big thing.

Anyways the police aren't involved yet but could be.

You're going to get the same answers here as you got on the other forum where you posted this question. You are just as legally wrong here as you were there.

You are still going to get fired.

I got jumped by 4 guys that work with me and they didn't get fired. They where all over 18 and I was 17. They got charged with assault. The store asked me if I cared if they came back to work. I said they could because they all apologized to me and stuff. If she sticks up for me like I did for them could I still keep my job?

I mean which is worse sexual harassment or assault?

Whether you can keep your job or not is entirely up to your employer. You committed an offense that would get you fired almost anywhere. It could get your employer sued. It is NOT up to your victim what happens to you UNLESS YOUR EMPLOYER CHOOSES TO ALLOW HER TO DECIDE. It is THEIR choice, not yours and not hers.

I mean which is worse sexual harassment or assault?

It isn't a matter which is worse...When at work you shouldn't have to deal with locker room mentality. At 18 it is time to behave like a grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back