Sexual discrimination case against me

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldNut

Hi peeps

Right here is my problem i own a health club, which is mainly a large tanning and slimming centre, i recently bought the building next door and knocked the two buildings into one, and built a ladies only gym.

I then had my best friend ask me if his brother who is at college doing a fitness instructors course could have a job in the ladies only gym, i said he could as i was put on the spot and didnt want to upset my best friend (i generally use a rule of no friends or family) after 4 weeks it really wasn't working out he had a real bad attitude, very lazy and incompetent.

The last thing i wanted was to upset my best mate by telling him his brother was lazy and had a bad attitude etc, so i thought i would tell him with it being a ladies only gym i wanted only female instructors.

6 weeks later i get legal documents arrive in the post for his claim of sexual discrimination!!

The documents i received where dated 19th june, fortunatelly i employed a guy in the gym two weeks prevoius (which he is not aware of) so i can now in a court of law prove that reason i sacked him and the reason i told him where different, i was wrong and stupid not to be straight with hum but i valued my friendship with his brother, and thought this was the easiest way to stay friends with both him and his brother.

I will stand in court and admit i lied to him on the reasons of his dismissal, and also have proof that the reasons i gave where a lie as i had employed someone male in the gym on a full time basis before i knew of this case coming against me.

I dont know where abouts in the world the people in this community come from therefore not sure if you know british law, but if you have any advice i would sure appreciate it.

Regards

Baldnut

You may wish to do all of the following:

1) Are you being sued, or was it merely a lawyer's letter?

2) You may wish to get a lawyer of your own to state that, in addition to his client's being fired with cause, there is obviously no claim for discrimination given the nature of the facts.

3) Any further costs or pursuit of lawsuit will be frivolous and that you will ask for penalties and sanctions against the plaintiff and anyone invovled.

Ridiculous... he sounds like the kind of guy who seeks to engage in "fender benders" to make some quick and easy money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back