Sexting issue...

Frooples

Jurisdiction
Florida
I was texting my girlfriend, and happened to send a dirty pic at her request. Somehow in between, the pic got sent to a sms text full of parents, school attendants, children, and police officers. I didn't start the sms, and don't know any of they corresponding parties. I was added to the sms by a school attendant at his Mistake. I had a police officer contact me, and refused to give my information. He said he would be at my house tonight, which is obviously BS.

Legally though, am I at any fault?

You didn't give enough information to determine if anything illegal happened.

In the unlikely event police show up at your door you don't have any clue what they are talking about and don't have time to speak with them. Shut the door in their faces and they will go away.

happened to send a dirty pic at her request

Why would anyone want a "dirty picture"?

If you were to touch a "dirty picture", wouldn't you also get your fingers, maybe your whole hand "dirty", too?

Its always better to send someone a "clean" picture.

Clean pictures won't soil your fingers, or dirty up your palms, ever!

Practice safe picture sharing, send ONLY "clean pictures".

Your friends and relatives will love you for keeping them "clean".

Your cellphone or mobile device won't get all gummed up with dirt, either.

Somehow in between, the pic got sent to a sms text full of parents, school attendants, children, and police officers.

In between what?

I was added to the sms by a school attendant at his Mistake.

Whose mistake? And why would adding you to a group text result in a text you sent to your girlfriend going to the group? Doesn't make any sense.

Legally though, am I at any fault?

At fault for what? Despite your use of soft language -- saying that you "happened to send a dirty pic" -- you obviously knew exactly what you were doing. We of course, have no way of knowing how the pic ended up going to other persons or whether you were at fault or blameless for that.

Pro tip: don't send "dirty pics" to anyone, no matter what. If your girlfriend wants to see your junk, then make a booty call and let her see the real thing.

You don't say who you are in all this. Minor student? Teacher? Parent? If you sent a dirty picture to a bunch of kids, I would not count on this just going away. Who you are makes a huge difference in the types of consequences you can expect.

It matters not that you intended the pic to go just to your girl friend, or who added you to the group and why. You sent it to a huge group. That group included children. If you sent it, you are at fault.

Back