Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Sex offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zecolonies

Hope this is the right forum... Anyways I have a question about sex offenses and megans law... And it seems that regardless of what i do i never seem to be able to find a straight answer. Here's the story:

two days ago I turned 18, and my girlfriend (or ex now...) is 16. Her Dad works as a psychologist for sex offenders and claims that one of his clients was sent to jail and put on megans law for kissing his girlfriend who was a minor, when he was an adult. (I don't know their exact ages just that it was a minor and adult) Whenever I ask him or his daughter for proof this case is real or details on the case, they tend to just ignore me.

So the main question is... Is this really illegal. All i've found so far is something saying that it is a misdemeanor to commit a sexual crime when shes no more then 3 years younger then me, yet they're paranoid to the point that if "I kiss her once i'll go to jail."

If anyone has any proof regarding the legality of this, or any advice it would be highly appreciated... i'm just not sure what to do anymore, or where to go. Thanks

What state are you in?

Oh, and KISSING is not likely to be considered criminal, but fondling, groping, or intercourse could be.

- Carl

What state are you in?

Oh, and KISSING is not likely to be considered criminal, but fondling, groping, or intercourse could be.

- Carl

It's for California... And all we'd do if we should be able to date again would be the basic kissing, holding hands, cuddling, no molestation or sex.

It's for California... And all we'd do if we should be able to date again would be the basic kissing, holding hands, cuddling, no molestation or sex.
Then holding hands, kissing and dating is legal ... copping a feel or more (even if consensual) is unlawful.

However, if you were to encourage the minor to disobey her parents or in any way contribute to her being disobedient or breaking the law, you could be charged with a crime unrelated to sexual matters.

- Carl

Then holding hands, kissing and dating is legal ... copping a feel or more (even if consensual) is unlawful.

However, if you were to encourage the minor to disobey her parents or in any way contribute to her being disobedient or breaking the law, you could be charged with a crime unrelated to sexual matters.

- Carl

Thanks for the advice on encouraging her to disobey her parents, thats something ill make sure to avoid now.

And i've always thought kissing and holding hands was legal too but never found "proof" which is what she's asking for, yet i know they don't write about what's legal.

Thanks for the advice on encouraging her to disobey her parents, thats something ill make sure to avoid now.

And i've always thought kissing and holding hands was legal too but never found "proof" which is what she's asking for, yet i know they don't write about what's legal.
If you want to read about the sex part, then you can start with PC 261.5, 288, 288a and 288(a) ... and the contributing part starts with PC 272.

It's a big book and there are many things one can be charged with. So, if this relationship begins anew against dad's wishes, you can expect some potential problems.

- Carl

If you want to read about the sex part, then you can start with PC 261.5, 288, 288a and 288(a) ... and the contributing part starts with PC 272.

It's a big book and there are many things one can be charged with. So, if this relationship begins anew against dad's wishes, you can expect some potential problems.

- Carl

I've read the penal code front to back and i saw nothing regarding kissing.

But thanks for the heads up again... Even though we did go behind the back when i was 17 I really don't think that's a good idea now...

Because kissing is not generally criminal.

- Carl

WOW, you might want to ask yourself if it's worth it to have to take law books on a date. It is good that you care enough to find out and that says alot about you. If I was her dad I would hope she stayed with you. Most boys don't know, don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back