Several Questions: Conflict, final papers filing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmpro1

I've just completed mediation 2 weeks ago where a settlement was reached. Even thought both parties signed the mediators documents, I am still waiting for opposing counsel to send final orders for signing. They keep claiming that they are waiting on their client to review before sending them along. Another interesting note is that according to the online court documents, they have not withdrawn the case from the Judge's docket. It was stipulated by mediator that this was to be done immediately by opposing counsel. I am Pro Se so opposing counsel was chosen for these tasks and I stupidly did not stay at the end of mediation for final orders to be drawn up so it could be signed and we be done with the whole mess. It's my understanding that the fact we reached settlement and signed the mediatior's papers that it is binding. With the trial down now a month away (which I thought we were avoiding with the settlement), is there any recourse to force opposing counsel's hand now to finish the work? Does it appear that they are now positioning to go on to trial and is that allowable at this point? Can they be sued later for signing binding settlement and then proceeding on to trial (they lost the mediation in their eyes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back