Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrmk

My husband and I recently settled on a home March 24th but were not given keys to the property until March 31st. Are we due any monies back? Since we had to stay in a hotel for the week, we were not able to get into the house?

Q: My husband and I recently settled on a home March 24th but were not given keys to the property until March 31st. Are we due any monies back?
A: Why didn't you and your husband ask the seller for the keys when settling on the 24th? and, if you did, what was the reason given by the seller not to hand you the key on the spot when closing this transaction?

Last edited:
The house that we bought was a foreclosed home and it had to be signed by the trustees at the bank. Since the bank was out of town, our signed copies had to be sent to them for a signature first. We were not told prior to settlement that we would not get the keys on this date.

Then you are not due moneys back for the expenses you incurred. You should have clarified with the bank when it came to getting the keys to your house. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back