Settlement Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar980

I have been rated 10% disabled, allowed to return to light duty work, 15 pound lift limit. This pretty much eliminates my returning to former workplace. IC offered a clincher of 20,000 dollars. Is that a fair offer? I will need continued nerve burning procedures for life, on a yearly basis, Neither law firm or IC is mentioning my limitation due to hernia repair. Is this a second rating or not considered at all. So far, my lawyer has been very unimpressive.

I wouldn't count on too much of a response from here it seems like. My shoulder question hasn't gotten any response which is under yours (actually above now since I updated). Take anything I say with a grain of salt because of my lack of knowledge or I wouldn't have posted here too but..... Have your restrictions been made permanent by your Dr? I believe I would research another attorney. Sounds like the offer is probably for your PPD rating only. If you can't return to that job, I believe ther would be issues like lost wages if your pay at another job is less, ect... Like I said, I'm not 100% here on advice but I believe I would talk to another lawyer. That couldn't hurt I don't think. Sounds like to me he's being lame cause your case at this point doesn't sound high profile for him. I could be wrong with that though.

Last edited:
My back restriction has been rated permanent.(10%ppd) So far, nothing has been said about a rating for the other injury. I am gonna give the lawyer a few days to see if they do anything, if not, I'll start searching for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back