1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Settlement for Permanent Total Disability

Discussion in 'Workers Compensation' started by James Jackson, Jan 18, 2019.

1. James Jackson

James Jackson Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Louisiana
    When you're approved by the insurance company to receive PTD what benefits should I expect? And is there such a thing called a discount that the insurance company can ask for as a incentive for them to settle? I was told this and I don't understand. Just doesn't sound right to me.

2. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

You should look at your specific insurance policy first so that you're aware of and familiar with what it offers. Have you done so yet?

3. James Jackson

James Jackson Law Topic Starter New Member

I
    I'm sorry Mr. Wechsler I should have told you this is a workman' Compensation case. Permanent Total Disability, I know means that I should receive a portion of my weekly salary for life.

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You should do NOTHING, agree to NOTHING on a LONG TERM basis unless you retain the services of LA workers comp attorney.

Do you want to make sure you're being treated fairly by the insurance company?

Do you want to maximize the amount you receive from the settlement of your Louisiana Workers Compensation claim?

Are you worried about how your Louisiana Workers Compensation claim is progressing?

Do you believe you should qualify for both Louisiana Workers Compensation and Social Security Disability?

Do you want to know how your benefits or settlement might impact your right to get Social Security, Medicare, health insurance or a new job?

Those are the reasons you need a workers comp attorney advocating for YOU.

Don't worry about costs, until you've spoken to a few attorneys who can explain that to you.

Michael Wechsler likes this.