Settle your legal case on TV, and get paid!!!

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
California
You've probably seen Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, The People's Court, Lauren Lake's Paternity Court, or one of a dozen other "court" shows on television.

I bet you've wondered WHY anyone would appear on any of those shows.

Such "courts" are not courts, per se, they are arbitration proceedings.

There are many reasons why a civil defendant would benefit from appearing on such shows.

First, if the plaintiff wins the case, "Judge Judy" (or any other show) pays the money, not the defendant (or the plaintiff, in the event of a counterclaim by defendant).

Secondly, because the show settles disputes through arbitration and not litigation, the defendant won't have any civil judgement added to their record if they lose.

On top of all that, all parties involved in the case are guaranteed an "appearance fee" to compensate them for coming on the program. Their travel expenses to the Los Angeles courtroom are all covered, too.

So in short, "Judge Judy" pays you to come to Los Angeles and appear in a televised courtroom to hear a case that won't hit your wallet or legal record, even if you lose.

All you have to do is let America into your personal business.

Attached is a letter from one of Judge Judy's producers enticing someone to appear on the show: ----------------
----------------
judgejudyletter.jpg
----------------
----------------

I had sone drama with an ex years ago and got a phone call from producers of Joe Brown. I politely declined... The ex would have loved all the attention.

I had sone drama with an ex years ago and got a phone call from producers of Joe Brown. I politely declined... The ex would have loved all the attention.

In some cases, it is wise to politely decline.

I think I'd do it (if I were ever to get sued) if I was allowed to wear a "lucha libre" like facemask!!!! :D

LOL

Back