Medical Malpractice Seriously in need of some legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCurious

I'm on here on behalf of my grandmother. She's having some worries with the current health services and their lack of interest in my grandfather's health/breathing. (He has something like 12% lung capacity.)

Here's a quick background story.

-1999 my grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer, and they needed to extract a piece of the tumor in my grandfathers lungs. Well after they did some tests, they deducted that he actually didn't have cancer after all. But they seriously botched the extraction and my grandfather ended up with something like 18% lung capacity due to their negligence. Obviously my grandmother was upset and contacted a lawyer. The lawyer said that there was nothing they could do since you'd have to have died to be able to sue/get compensation for the hospitals negligence. So my grandfather had to eventually quit his job and they struggle to make ends meat.

A couple of years later, my grandfather starts to act like a real a**hole, mean and verbally abusive to my grandmother. He also started to show signs of Alzheimer's. After about a year or so, my grandmother discovers that he's taking two different drugs that should not be taken together! The doctors didn't see it, no body but her!

After she told the doctors about this, and they switched medication, my grandfather started to act like totally different. He started remembering a little more, the name calling and bad attitude was gone as well. My grandmother was VERY relieved! I found this really hard to understand as my grandmother was the one to see he used two different types of medication, not the doctors.

And last week, my grandmother wanted to clean out his nebulizer. (sp?) She carefully opened the side of the apparatus and discovered the air filter was pitch black!

She immediately called up the caregivers and told them about the air filter. They replaced it and my grandfather showed immediate signs of improvement in both breathing and alertness. (He's remembered and noticed things which he never has done since he lost lung capacity!)

Also, my grandmother has a medication bottle (unopened) that she received by their doctor. Now from what I understand, is that my grandfather NEVER used this medication, and the medication is wrongly labeled and doesn't exist.

Is there any way we can sue for malpractice here? Obviously their screwups has had a profound negative impact on my grandfathers health.

Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much for your time.

MrCurious

p.s.
My grandparents live at their home if there should be any questions about that.

I read where grandma and grandpa screwed up a lot but I guess I missed where doctors etc. screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back