Seperated, rights to home

Status
Not open for further replies.

churchy10

My boyfriend of 5 years and I have seperated. We currently have a home that we both are on the loan and deed. I have agreed (in writing and signed between him and I), to the following below...

Jessica will give up rights to enter the home on Aug 11th, 2008 or sooner if she moves everything into the garage, then she forfeits the keys to the interior of the house, and keeps the garage door opener until all items are removed, no later than Aug 11th 2008. All personal items need to be moved into the garage and inspected before she moves anything from interior at the 701 residence, she may not enter the interior of the residence once everything has been moved to the garage..

I am still paying 1/2 the mortgage to this home, while i'm living some place else. He is not thinking about getting a roommate and refuses to take me off the loan if he does so, or even split the money he will get from having a roommate. What rights to have in either getting off the loan if he gets a roommate, getting money from what they pay him, or even kicking the roommate out of the house?

Just wanting out...
Jessica

You should tell him if he is not going to buy you out or refinance the house then you will two need to sale it

What consideration do you get out of the deal?

Why are you agreeing to move out and let him have the house while still making 50% of the payment?

I would not agree to move out into the garage and make 50% of the payment. Put in the contract that any roommate that lives there will divide the mortgage payment up by 1/3.

I agreed to move out because we just cannot live together anymore. It's better for everyone if one moves out. I agreed to do so because he needs to be in that area for his work. I have nothing left in the house and do have a place of my own. In the contract that we wrote up between ourselves, he did agree to pay 1/2 my rent at my new place until the house is sold, which is about a 1/4 of the payment to our house that we bought together. Previously, he said he was going to refinance and take me off of the loan and deed. He ended up back tracking on this deal, so my solution was to move out and he pays 1/2 my rent. Did you all want to see what was on the contract. We did not put anything down about a roommate because (via email), he said that if he got a roommate we would split their rent or possible take me off of the whole thing. Well, he's back tracking on that now. So, this is why i want to know what my options are for if he does get a roommate.

I agreed to move out because we just cannot live together anymore. It's better for everyone if one moves out. I agreed to do so because he needs to be in that area for his work. I have nothing left in the house and do have a place of my own. In the contract that we wrote up between ourselves, he did agree to pay 1/2 my rent at my new place until the house is sold, which is about a 1/4 of the payment to our house that we bought together. Previously, he said he was going to refinance and take me off of the loan and deed. He ended up back tracking on this deal, so my solution was to move out and he pays 1/2 my rent. Did you all want to see what was on the contract. We did not put anything down about a roommate because (via email), he said that if he got a roommate we would split their rent or possible take me off of the whole thing. Well, he's back tracking on that now. So, this is why i want to know what my options are for if he does get a roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back