Separation but no agreement in place

G

Newly separated; we both moved out of home at end of lease; 2 children are with me and he moved to apartment. Have a separation document drafted by attorney; he has refused to sign or mark any changes at this point. What do I need to do to protect myself and children. I can't make him sign obviously. But very worried that nothing "official in writing" has happened.

He has not signed the separation agreement I had drafted. We have both moved out and children are with me; he is in apartment. What can I now do to protect interest of myself and children. I am very worried that nothing is official without any agreement. I can't make him sign, but what other steps can I take. Any and every little thing sets off a new rash of anger that he lashes at me. So communication with him is just non existant. Make children available to him so he can see and spend time with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why bother trying to make nice with violent bullies? Go ahead, get the divorce. Things will only get worse over time. Divorce the bum. You can do bad by yourself. You don't need a deadbeat bum to bully and abuse you. You're a good person and you can make it without being bullied, abused, and threatened.

Back