Appeal, Pardon, Motion, Writ Sentence review motion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgangilcrest

My father is in jail in Twin Towers in Los Angeles. He got a driving on a suspended license ticket is 2010 for 800$ and paid half the ticket at some point. This past December 30 he went to his court date to pay the rest of the ticket. The judge didn't let him pay the other 400, he had him put in jail for 150 days. He doesn't have the serve the whole sentence and is scheduled for release on March 7. However he has a nursery business he runs and helps support me and my sister. She is in college right now while I am working for him and running the business right now. Is there any way to file a motion to modify the sentence or have some sort of plea for mercy and have a judge review the sentence or resentence him to time served? He has served nearly 20 days and it would probably have served 30 days by the time the motion went through. Any ideas?

My father is in jail in Twin Towers in Los Angeles. He got a driving on a suspended license ticket is 2010 for 800$ and paid half the ticket at some point. This past December 30 he went to his court date to pay the rest of the ticket. The judge didn't let him pay the other 400, he had him put in jail for 150 days. He doesn't have the serve the whole sentence and is scheduled for release on March 7. However he has a nursery business he runs and helps support me and my sister. She is in college right now while I am working for him and running the business right now. Is there any way to file a motion to modify the sentence or have some sort of plea for mercy and have a judge review the sentence or resentence him to time served? He has served nearly 20 days and it would probably have served 30 days by the time the motion went through. Any ideas?

Talk to a few local attorneys and see what you can learn.
Motions to reduce sentences are filed everyday.
Motions based upon I need to support my family are rarely successful.
The court's position being that if one wanted to support his or her family, he or she wouldn't break the law.
He or she would be very careful so they could remain free to support and care for her or his family.

Nevertheless, see what you can learn during the time you visit your friendly neighborhood lawyer.

It seems he already doesn't have to serve the whole sentence. However, talk to a lawyer or two & see that he/she thinks about a review/reduction of sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back