Computer Crimes, Hacking Sending nude photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomp

I am wondering, if I sent a nude photo of myself where you can't see my face to someone who contacted me through a section of a website where you must be 18 or over, they also claim they are over 18 in an email and knew the nude picture was going to be sent am I doing anything illegal? I'm also curious - what if that person is lying and isn't over the age of 18 did I break the law? I'm just curious about all of this an wanted to know the opinion from an attorney.
Also, if this is illegal what in a worse case scenario could happen? Jail?? Fines? Service?

What is the likelihood that something would actually happen if anything illegal did happen?

Sorry - I just don't know anything about any of this and want to get some advice.

Thank you.

I really don't know if you can be prosecuted for anything to do with this since you have reason to believe the person you send it to is over 18. Maybe you can, maybe you can't. Hopefully another poster will have some definitive advice.

However, let's say that the 18 year old you send it to, shares it with minors, and is caught. In the investigation, you are found to be the original sender. As part of the investigation, the police will want to determine whether or not you are party to sharing nude photos with children. You may be arrested, or your computer confiscated, your friends or associates interviewed, etc.

Even if it is determined that you had nothing to do with exposing minors to the photos, the damage will be done to your reputation.

Do you want to risk it?

Sharing of intimate photos should be reserved for people you "know"! Your walking a path here that could cause your serious problems. Your after legal advice, I get it! However this is not a wise decision at all and the correct advice in this cas eis not legal advice. Its just plain smart thinking. This is not a good idea on any level.

Keep in mind that - with today's technology - there are software programs that can "undo" any blurring put on a picture (if the picture is a digital picture.) Play it safe and just don't share what you don't want the world to see!

Yuck!

Anyway, I would think that you can be held criminally liable. It's understood that children will lie. That won't surprise anyone. So if you send it to someone underage, by my understanding, you can be busted, and forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

And don't think a jury or judge will be even remotely sympathetic towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back