Semi accident

Explorer1281

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I was in an accident in a semi , I was the only one involved , I wasn't charged or ticketed , I was out of work for 8 weeks with a concussion, head , neck and arm and hip trauma , I'm still with the same company ...... this company has " occupational health " coverage which I pay a premium for each and every week , including the time I was out of work ....... I can't get the medical attention that I need , the insurance company is stalling me and won't pay the medical providers , this accident happened in June ........ I need this company to come forward and pay these bills and to allow me to get the additional medical attention that I need , I'm in constant pain on a daily basis and don't know where to turn ......... I'm a resident of Va Beach , Va .

What does your HR department have to say about what's happening? What does your "occupational health" insurance actually cover?

I was in an accident in a semi , I was the only one involved , I wasn't charged or ticketed , I was out of work for 8 weeks with a concussion, head , neck and arm and hip trauma , I'm still with the same company ...... this company has " occupational health " coverage which I pay a premium for each and every week , including the time I was out of work ....... I can't get the medical attention that I need , the insurance company is stalling me and won't pay the medical providers , this accident happened in June ........ I need this company to come forward and pay these bills and to allow me to get the additional medical attention that I need , I'm in constant pain on a daily basis and don't know where to turn ......... I'm a resident of Va Beach , Va .

You could discuss your concerns with a workers compensation attorney near you.

If the accident was ruled your fault, you might wish to see a criminal defense attorney, too.

I'm still with the same company

Are you an employee or an independent contractor?

this company has " occupational health " coverage which I pay a premium

What does that mean?

If you are an employee you should be covered by Workers Compensation by law and it would be illegal for you to pay for it.

If you are an independent contractor then, yes, it's possible that you could pay a fee to be covered or you would have to go buy your own workers compensation insurance.

You'll have to explain which scenario applies.

I can't get the medical attention that I need , the insurance company is stalling me and won't pay the medical providers ,

That has nothing to do with getting the medical attention that you need. You are free to go to whatever medical provider you choose. Your health is more important than who pays for it.

I need this company to come forward and pay these bills and to allow me to get the additional medical attention that I need , I'm in constant pain on a daily basis and don't know where to turn ......... I'm a resident of Va Beach , Va .

I don't understand your "occupational health coverage" situation and I'll bet that you don't understand much of it either. But as an injured worker you might have some protection under state laws and can seek assistance from the Virginia Workers Compensation Commission:

Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission - Commonwealth of Virginia

Back