Selling family home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebura

Hi,
My wife and I have been separated for just over a year now. She took the kids and moved 1hr and 10min away by car. She rents a home there. I have been living in the family home alone. It is in both our names. I have paid all the bills, mortgage, property tax and insurance on the home. We are now selling the home. Am I entitled to more money after the sale because of paying everything myself? I have missed a few child support payments because of being out of work and just the cost of the home is too much.

Hi,
My wife and I have been separated for just over a year now. She took the kids and moved 1hr and 10min away by car. She rents a home there. I have been living in the family home alone. It is in both our names. I have paid all the bills, mortgage, property tax and insurance on the home. We are now selling the home. Am I entitled to more money after the sale because of paying everything myself? I have missed a few child support payments because of being out of work and just the cost of the home is too much.

The court will decide what you are entitled to receive.
We don't know anything about Canadian law.
This is a US focused law forum.
If you are very curious, I suggest you consult a fine Canadian solicitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back