Assault & Battery Self defense or assult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted

Hi, I have a question about an asult case. I was recently asulted by my girlfriends son in my bedroom where he had no right to be, at first I was holding a bal bat to protect myself from him, I picked this bat up when I realized he was going to harm me, once I picked up the bat he went down stairs and grabbed a sharp object like a spear and started trying to get close enough to me to stab me in the face, he almost got to me at one point and I nudged him back by smacking the ball bat into his arm. When I nudged him with the bat he realized I wouldn't hit him and attacked me full force, he took the bat and hit me in the head with it 3 times and then stompped on my head 16 to 18 times, I went to the hospital and got stiched up, I was cut badly to the bone. I was just arrested on a warrant Saturday night for hitting him with a ball bat, so the city has picked up the charges aganist him and against me even though I did nothing wrong. When the police got there they watched him stomping on my head and had to pull him off me, so my question is, Do I go into court and say I never touched him or do I tell the truth and say I nudged him with the bat to keep from being stabbed in the face. It seems like I'd be safer saying I never touched him, his word against mine. Please help, I don't want to lie but I don't want to get in trouble for protecting my life either, how do I know they will believe me after I admit to what happened? I am lost, any help would be great.

You have the RIGHT to remain SILENT.
No criminal defendant can be forced or compelled to testify against himself.

So, if you're smart you need ONLY do the following.

Plead not guilty, ask for a lawyer (or hire your own), and follow the advice of your attorney.

This might be seen as mutual combat, if you say ANYTHING.

If you say NOTHING, being that you were in your bedroom (but NOT in your home), you might fare better for yourself.

If you are driven to tell the story you recited here, it could appear that you were engaged in mutual combat, and ended up getting your carcASS whipped.

Plead not guilty, don't say anything, ask for a lawyer, and follow your lawyer's advice to FREEDOM.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the reply but I hope they don't think I will plea out of this, it was 100% self defense and on top of that there is no proof I ever touched him and he is not pressing charges, he tried to get the city to drop the charges against me and they said no yet he won't testify and they have no proof it happened, he said it when he got arrested thinking they wouldn't take him to jail. I was hoping it would be dismissed from mayors court since the person I supposedly hit is not going to be there or testify.

Thanks for your response

Thanks for the reply but I hope they don't think I will plea out of this, it was 100% self defense and on top of that there is no proof I ever touched him and he is not pressing charges, he tried to get the city to drop the charges against me and they said no yet he won't testify and they have no proof it happened, he said it when he got arrested thinking they wouldn't take him to jail. I was hoping it would be dismissed from mayors court since the person I supposedly hit is not going to be there or testify.

How old is the son? Why did he come to his mothers room?

Why did you KNOW you needed to protect yourself?
I was recently asulted by my girlfriends son in my bedroom where he had no right to be, at first I was holding a bal bat to protect myself from him, I picked this bat up when I realized he was going to harm me, once I picked up the bat he went down stairs and grabbed a sharp object like a spear and started trying to get close enough to me to stab me in the face, he almost got to me at one point and I nudged him back by smacking the ball bat into his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back