Seeking guidance with interstate laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipstash

Hello!
My son was born in California. I had a verbal agreement with his father, who I never married, for him to provide support and he took the boy every other weekend. When he lost his job and the support stopped in May '07, I continued to allow his visitations as I have no issues with his ability to take care of our boy. In Nov of '07 I had the opportunity to relocate to Arizona. The boy's father agreed this would be best for our son. He has yet to make a payment for support of his son and calls to speak to him about once a month. He always says he is "coming out to AZ" to which I always reply, come on down! He never has. I filed with the state of Arizona to work with the state of California to go after him for child support. I never heard back from that filing (over 3 months ago). I suspect he was served as he is now making demands for the boy to come see him 1 week a month, which is ludicris and certainly NOT in the best intrest of the child! I fear he maybe filing custodial rights in California! I tried doing that in Az but got the run around because the father is in CA! Can anyone please direct me to the office or people I need to speak to to file for custody of my son? If I had it my way, I would rather have his father out of our lives completely as he is controling and verbally abusive!
Any advice would be helpful!!
Thank you for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back