Business Contracts Security System Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharronparker

I signed a security system contract without reading the fine print, relying on the information provided by the sales rep. Yes, stupid me. I asked how long the sales contract was for and was informed 5 years which was correct. I then told the sales rep I planned to sell my house before that time and asked what the cancellation charge would be. He said $100. I have no proof of this. According to the contract I have to pay the full amount of the contract remaining at the time I cancel. This seems outrageous. Is there anything I can do?

I signed a security system contract without reading the fine print, relying on the information provided by the sales rep. Yes, stupid me. I asked how long the sales contract was for and was informed 5 years which was correct. I then told the sales rep I planned to sell my house before that time and asked what the cancellation charge would be. He said $100. I have no proof of this. According to the contract I have to pay the full amount of the contract remaining at the time I cancel. This seems outrageous. Is there anything I can do?

Yes, honor the contract you signed.

If you don't, you could be sued for what you fail to pay.

Agree. I don't see any way around it - you signed the contract. Sorry.

If you sell the house just factor the cost into the sale price, our see about transferring the service to the new owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back