Second Executor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeSupplyGuy

My Uncle passed away in May 2004. He had a an estate worth 1.5 million, no children. I helped him extensively with his estate planning and he had set up a living trust with a pour over will. The bulk of his estate was supposed to go to two different charities. The estate included personal real estate property as well as commercial property. We set this up through a very reputable estate attorney. Upon his death, I found out that some changes were made before his death. He wanted to make some small changes to the will (I had recently moved a couple of hundred miles away), so he went to an attorney who was a family friend instead of the attorney who set up the estate. The attorney convinced him that he could revoke his trust, and that he would set up a Will for him, and since I had moved away, that he should name another person as the executor. My Uncle made the changes, and put me as secondary executor. I requested copies of everything during probate but received nothing, and had to go to the courthouse for copies of everything. In the inventory, I found several items to be missing, including a safe deposit box, as well as a bank account in the amount of $15,000 that was to be used for my Uncle's final expenses. The executor's name was on this account, so I'm assuming it was quite easy to take this money. I've also found out recently that rather than sell my Uncle's personal residence and distribute the funds to the charities as the will stated, the Executor just signed the house over to his sister. I'm not a beneficiary in the will, I don't want any part of his estate, but I do want my Uncle's life long wishes fulfilled. I've tried talking to the attorney who made the changes for my Uncle, but he is also handling everything for the Executor (preparing the paperwork for signing over the house etc), so I really think that he is just in collaboration with the Executor. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back