Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Search car ,seizure of passengers cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

highrisk

I was recently pulled over and my vehicle was searched. I am not on parole or probation:no:, reason for being pulled over the police wanted to question my boyfriend about a incident. The vehicle is registered to me.He was not with me .My 18 yr old son was. I officer had me step out of the vehicle and had my son also they searched my son and the officer said he was waiting for back up to search my car.The officer never asked to search my car he only asked if he was gonna find anything illegal. I officer ripped my center glove box out and found 3 oz of meth. I was arrested my son was let go but not untill the officers took his cell phone and id and told him he could go but not back to my residence 2 blocks away.The police obtained a search warrent for my residence. they kept the cell phone before the warrent was issued. I have been to the police station to get my drivers lic & son's ID not record of it. The police are holding my son's cell phone for evdience is that legal for them to keep his phone or even look in it he was not arrested?:confused: also what cause did they have to search my vehicle or even pull me over is that legal? Also My boyfriend is on parole they did not need a search warrent to enter my residence. Why did they have my boyfriend detained outside the house until the warrent was issued?

The search warrant makes it all so much cleaner.

There are a number of reasons they might have held on to the cell phone. Your attorney can challenge any evidence they try to use that resulted from a search of the cell phone and the officers would be compelled to justify its seizure and search.

Three ounces of meth. is a lot of meth ... sounds like you and your parolee boyfriend are into some pretty serious stuff!

Consult local counsel ASAP. The attorney can review the report and any justification for the search. I suspect that unless the officers were idiots, they are going to be able to articulate some sort of probable cause for the search.

- Carl

meth is bad. Makes your teeth fall out. Your looks take very little time to disentigrate, not to mention what it does to your insides.

Such a horrible drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back