Sealing of Juvenile Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZMark

Greetings,

I'd like to have my juvenile records sealed. It's been 24 year since the arrest and it's one of those old haunts from the past that I'd prefer not coming up in discussions when background checks are conducted. I've three questions I'd greatly appreciate thoughts on.
1. I was not over the age of 16, 14 actually, and the arrest occurred in California. Does the petition to seal the records need to originate from that state and county where the arrest occurred or can it originate from the state in which I reside now? Meaning, where should I retain counsel?
2. Does sealing the records also seal the record of arrest?
3. Is there any value with having something expunged if it's going to be sealed as it relates to juvenile convictions? My concern here is with taking the route to expunge, the case/conviction is revisited. Being a minor I've no idea if my parents completed all the terms of my probation. I honestly do not know what was agreed to and don't want something popping up now.

Thoughts are welcome..
Thank You.

Hire a lawyer across the street from the courthouse where you had your run in with the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back