Scared, question about seperation/d

Status
Not open for further replies.

tem420

I am a Stay at home mom. I did work for the first 11 years of our Marriage. Then I had two boys. I work for My husband's business doing paperwork,estimates etc. But he is the one who takes home the money. If we were to seperate, I have no means to support ourselves or a place to go. My husband is a very difficult person to deal with, so I would imagine things would get ugly. My question is, How can a seperate from him without any money or means to do it? Do I have to leave the house? How can I support our children and myself. My kids are 5 (in kindergarten) my 2 year old is home with me. and I llive in NY

Thank you.

Last edited:
You do not have to leave the house but you need to file for divorce and ask for possession of it if you want to keep it but if you cannot afford the house, it can be sold.

eventually you are going to have to get a job. You can see an attorney and ask that your husband pay your legal fees. You probably will get some alimony.

Hi tem420. It is best that you don't leave the house. I am a 50 yr old woman who has been a stay at home MOM for 25 yrs and I am going through a big divorce right now with 6 children.... Don't worry. After you have filed for divorce, then temporary orders will be set and he will have to start giving you money "WHILE" you are going through the divorce. Your lawyer will tell you about that. And DO NOT get a job until you are divorced. I had a friend who found out her husband had a 5 yr old with another woman. He left her and so she got a job to help make ends meet while taking care of the two sons she and her husband had together. When divorce day came, the Judge would not give her any alimony. He said, "You have a job". My husband has told me over and over again, "Get a job!" And I just say...."Do I look stupid? I'm staying home and taking care of these 6 children YOU WANTED, and now you're dating a 32 yr old???" If I was good enough to stay at home with them then....I'm going to continue to be there and see them through this. You can do it. Just take a deep breath and go slow. If I can help you in any way....send me a private message. Both of us will be happier without them I'm sure =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back