Salesperson comments

SethM34

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I went to a car dealership and the salesman that was helping us, made three very sexually crude comments about my 2 year old daughter... I was so stunned and disgusted, i walked away as he started to say more... He lives close to us, as we found out before he made these remarks, and knows what road we live on and what car i drive. I could not sleep just thinking about when I report him, (who and how is the question) and when or if he gets fired, he will know where i live, and will be quite irate. I looked him up and he has a family and is an older man. Do I just write his dealership or go higher and stronger about this? I am so disturbed, i just cannot rest...

Last edited:
You're making an emotional mountain out of a molehill. If you are that afraid of what he MIGHT do then let it rest and get over it.

Otherwise, find out the name and address of the owner of the dealership through your state's corporate records or Secty of State website and write a letter to the owner. There isn't anybody else who will care about what the man "said" and there is no "legal" action available to you.

If he makes any moves after the letter, you call the police and then you get a restraining order.

I went to a car dealership and the salesman that was helping us, made three very sexually crude comments about my 2 year old daughter... I was so stunned and disgusted, i walked away as he started to say more... He lives close to us, as we found out before he made these remarks, and knows what road we live on and what car i drive. I could not sleep just thinking about when I report him, (who and how is the question) and when or if he gets fired, he will know where i live, and will be quite irate. I looked him up and he has a family and is an older man. Do I just write his dealership or go higher and stronger about this? I am so disturbed, i just cannot rest...

I very highly doubt if he got fired for making inappropriate sexual comments toward a 2 year old that he would "come after" you or your family. If you are that scared then don't report it.

I would report that perv to his boss and if he gets fired and started to threaten me, I'd call the cops.

I'm not sure why you're freaking out about something that hasn't even happened and might not even happen...

You should report this to his manager, however I'm sure he will deny it, so not likely he will get fired, unless there have been other reports of similar behavior.

Back