Personal Bankruptcy Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ

my wife and I are legally still together but for the last 3 years we , while living in the same house due to financial difficulty, live separately. we both own the house . owe approx. 80k and its worth maybe 105k. all our other finances are separate. we file taxes jointly but that's about to end as well. Ive very recently started staying with my son as I try to extract myself. she makes a good salary . I don't. I have to file bankruptcy soon or everything is going to start falling apart for me. my question is that we owe 6K in back taxes and another 3K will be our shortfall from 2013 taxes not filed yet. if I file can I list all those taxes or only half ? also since im still on the hook for the house even though I wont be living there anymore can I list my share of the costs as part of my monthly debt. I don't want my wife and daughter to lose the house. it has been a fairly amicable separation. I still spend time at the house maintaining and taking care of the pets, etc. all of my other debts are mine alone.

my wife and I are legally still together but for the last 3 years we , while living in the same house due to financial difficulty, live separately. we both own the house . owe approx. 80k and its worth maybe 105k. all our other finances are separate. we file taxes jointly but that's about to end as well. Ive very recently started staying with my son as I try to extract myself. she makes a good salary . I don't. I have to file bankruptcy soon or everything is going to start falling apart for me. my question is that we owe 6K in back taxes and another 3K will be our shortfall from 2013 taxes not filed yet. if I file can I list all those taxes or only half ? also since im still on the hook for the house even though I wont be living there anymore can I list my share of the costs as part of my monthly debt. I don't want my wife and daughter to lose the house. it has been a fairly amicable separation. I still spend time at the house maintaining and taking care of the pets, etc. all of my other debts are mine alone.

Bankruptcy actions vary by the person.

Therefore, no blanket answer will suffice.

I suggest you speak with a local bankruptcy attorney and discuss your situation in detail.

That way you'll get the BEST and most ACCURATE answer with which you can make an INFORMED choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back