running Pay roll after resignation-

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketownsend

Hi,
I've resigned with my previous employer as per procedure (2 weeks notice) and released from the company (by reporting manager XYZ), aslo joined in other company.

after resignation ..i was getting pay check for two months, i was thinking that they were paying money in terms of settlement .

after two months i contacted reporting manger XYZ and informed him that i am getting paid though i am not working for you and aslo asked if i can work for the same company so that they can deduct extra paid money from my paycheck, however they did not take me back.

Now my question is ...do i need to pay the extra money that i got? if i want to pay..in what time frame i have to pay back?
if i don't want pay as i do not have money with me..what the company can do against me.(though there was no issues from my side ..as i resigned as per procedure)

do i need to pay total amount or i can pay part of it?

Please advice.

What "settlement" did you think it was for? Why did you wait two months to call and ask?

Of course you need to pay it back. In full. You have no legal, moral, or ethical justification to keep money that you did not earn. If the company will accept a repayment plan, fine. If not, and you refuse to pay, they can sue you for it in court, and they'd win.

I suggest that you figure out a way to pay it back by December 31st. If you don't, your tax situation for 2011 becomes more complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back