Rights to Ex's Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquiry

Female and divorced 10 years ago. At the time my ex had a retirement plan thru his workplace but I was not given any of that money and was told by my attorney that I could not get any of it. I was married for 26 years. Is there any way I can go back and get my share of the (value at that time) of the retirement? After being divorced 4 years I did finally get $100 per month alimony. Thanks in advance!!

The time for appealing the judgment in your lawsuit ran out decades ago.

If you were not awarded it in the decree, you probably do not have claim to it now. You can ask an attorney.

You could check your state laws on retirement benefits in divorce; then, as Duranie said you might want to consult a lawyer. If you weren't eligible then to part of it, you probably won't be now. Did you work during the marriage? Do you have your own retirement income? Since you were only awarded 100 in alimony, then I am presuming you work or did work at the time of your divorce.

Legal Advice!

There are few questions which you need to take into account before going for certain legal action! Like whether you are working during marriage or do you have your own retirement income? This is a complex matter! You need to visit for a legal attorney in your state for further legal movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back