rewards for found a dog can i claim it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiona0510

one day I saw the dog in the street and by readying the dog-tag on its collar, determines that it belongs to Jake. I returns the dog and Jake thanks me. Next day i read the newspaper and sees the advertisement of Jake post
Jake places and advertisement in the newspaper which is published on Friday which was last week. It reads: Lost 1 blue cattle dog,Reward$50. telephone 000000.
. Can I claim the reward?? Advise me please

best regards

fifi

and if the sitution is change i already know he post the adv. about the rewards, can i claim it? if i can and he refuse, what can i do?

You returned the dog as a good Samaritan.
You had no expectation of receiving a reward.
You had no knowledge of the reward, or so you claim.
You can do as Moose suggested and ask for the $50.
The owner might just give it to you.

fifi is asking about australian law. so i dont know if you guys are responding to her with accordance to US law.
but anyways i think this is under contract law. since Jake offered put the offer in the newspaper, then he offered it to the world at large. this means its a unilateral contract. for a unilateral contract, performing the task that Jake has asked would mean that you accepted the offer meaning that there is a contract and you are entitled to the reward.
i do ask that you double check this with a solicitor just to be sure coz i might be wrong.

She returned the dog with no knowledge of the reward. She found out about it after the fact.
Even so, forcing payment of the offered reward would be quite a task.

Thaks saklav, i called up a solicitor today and as his advise that i returned the dog without know their was the reward, however i can ask but he does not need to pay me, anyway i decide not to ask lol dont want to make my self embrasse.... but $50 is quite alot to me as i just a student...lol

KARMA....You did a good thing and if you believe in karma then it will all come back around to you. $50 bucks will be gone by the end of the day. "jake" may not have the money to give you, he could have been neglecting a bill or something because he loved his dog so much. Feel good about the good thing you did and hope it comes back around to you. Good job and good luck.

Did somebody say Dogzzzz?

FIONA:

As an animal lover, specifically dogs and cats, and for what it's worth, you have my thanks and the old hat is off to you for reuniting the dog with his ungrateful owner because had it been my dog, I'd have spent every last dime three months in a row and then some thanking you and would also have put you through college.

That said, on the contract and legality of it all, mightymoose here has hit the proverbial nail right on the head and is right on the money as well for the reason why you were not "entitled" to receive the reward, and that is the fact that at the time you did the wonderful act you were not aware of the reward offered by Mr. Ingrate, but became aware of it after the facts. That, believe it or not, was and is THE deciding factor in the equation.

On the emotional aspect it, take it as very good advice and take to heart what bluemann33 above me has told you and also take heart from what you did and don't let Mr. Scrooge Ingrate be a reason for you not to go to the aid of another critter who may need your help.

Last but not least, I am going to put my money where my mouth is by offering to send you that $50 reward and it would be my pleasure to do so! Be it in American, Australian, or Tasmanian dollars or locale. Just say the word!

Your heart's in the right place, and I wish you the best.

fredrikklaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back