Review Trust and Wills Documents

Jaganath Dabbi

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I have set of trust, will, power of attorney, etc. documents that were prepared a few years back. I need them reviewed and not redone. What is the most inexpensive way to have this done?

What is the most inexpensive way to have this done?

The least expensive way would be to do nothing.

If you do NOTHING, it'll cost you NOTHING out of pocket.

The best thing to do, if you're serious about reviewing your final requests/wishes, you'll hire the best attorney you can find to review the documents you possess and discuss what it is you wish done NOW, versus when you had the documents ORIGINALLY drafted.

Do I have to pick a lawyer in my state?

That is what I'd do, unless you plan to move to another state before you die.

I gave away most of my personal property about 20 years ago.

I no longer used most of it anyway.

I created a trust and funded it at the time, added my real property, and annually I add additional funds as my financial position improves.

Why?

I did it now to limit the jealously, acrimony, and perfidy that often INFECTS others upon the demise of a close relative.

I have set of trust, will, power of attorney, etc. documents that were prepared a few years back. I need them reviewed and not redone. What is the most inexpensive way to have this done?

Huh? What does this question even mean?

You say that "need [the documents] reviewed." By whom do you "need them reviewed" and for what purpose do you "need them reviewed" if you don't want them redone. I would imagine you could find an elementary school kid who would review them for maybe $5. Of course, I doubt that would be of any benefit, but it would accomplish what you say you want.

Last edited:
Back