returning to after short term disability

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmepp

After returining after short term disability my boss who is well known to treat you horribly or not talk to you for punishment after a sick day starting harassing me daily for 'preceived' violations ridiculous issues untrue statements completely misreading good intentions making disparaging remarks about my face and my abilities to handle my job.....enough to bring me to tears creating an extremely hostile work environment to the point of pushing me to resign and when tryingn to discuss the why of it all acccused me of insubordination. Then even more harassment after an approved dr appt 2 hr absence. I feel she is guilty of harrassment. Is there any legal action i can take?

You can resign, shut up, do your job, look for a new job, wait.

There is no hostile work environment because you feel mistreated.

The problem is that you apparently work for an "equal opportunity jerk" who treats everyone badly.

Unfortunately, being a jerk is not illegal. If he is "well known" for treating people horribly, then he's not singling you out because you were on STD (and being on STD does not, in and of itself, a protected characteristic. Not all or even most conditions for which you would take STD reach the level of disabilty which would be protected by law). And if he's not not singling you out on the basis of a characteristic protected by law, then it's not an HWE in the legal sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back