retrospective payments

Setbacks

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I was mentally disabled for last 6 years and did not file SSDI upon termination and remained under medical care with no income and now have loans. I googled it seems I can only capture back 1 yr of past payments. Would there be recourse to getting payments for 6 years backwards?

Would there be recourse to getting payments for 6 years backwards?

The federales become very agitated and aggressive whenever anyone attempts (or succeeds) in bilking them of the loot, they looted from the taxpayers.

Its never wise to go after the moola belonging to the Sovereign.

I was employed full time for long time in a career job and there was something as worker compensation insurance or something. I did get 6 month unemployment upon termination. Can these 6 yrs between SSDI and termination be captured through some employer disability insurance program? Would there be a time bar or something that prevents me? Thanks.

Workers compensation only applies when the illness or injury can be confirmed as having been caused by your employment.

MA does not have a state disability plan.

Since unemployment and a private employer's disability plan are incompatible with one another (if you are eligible for one it's about 99% certain you are not eligible for the other) the fact that you received unemployment means you almost certainly were not receiving disability benefits from your employer.

The above translates to No, there is no way to bridge the six years with an employer plan.

If I am wrong and you are part of the 1% who somehow managed to collect both unemployment and LTD benefits at the same time (something I've never heard of in over 40 years of working in employee benefits, but I cannot ABSOLUTELY state has never happened) by all means let us know.

Is there a time-bar limit too for worker compensation?

Workers compensation only applies when the illness or injury can be confirmed as having been caused by your employment.

MA does not have a state disability plan.

Since unemployment and a private employer's disability plan are incompatible with one another (if you are eligible for one it's about 99% certain you are not eligible for the other) the fact that you received unemployment means you almost certainly were not receiving disability benefits from your employer.

The above translates to No, there is no way to bridge the six years with an employer plan.

If I am wrong and you are part of the 1% who somehow managed to collect both unemployment and LTD benefits at the same time (something I've never heard of in over 40 years of working in employee benefits, but I cannot ABSOLUTELY state has never happened) by all means let us know.

Yes, there is. It's four years in MA. AND even if you were within the time frame, which you are not, you would need a doctor who would verify that your illness was CAUSED BY your employment. Workers comp DOES NOT APPLY unless the illness or injury can be medically tied to your employment. I

Back