Retrieve car from ex

L

LCC24

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I started dating a girl about a year ago. When I first meet her she didn't have a place to live or a car and her credit was horrible. So I decided to take a loan out for her so she could get a car as long as she paid the monthly bill. I also moved her in with me. For the most part she was good about paying it except for 1 month. A year later the relationship ended on bad terms. I'm wanting to get the car back or to put it in her name. Am I allowed to just take the car from her and sell it since its in my name?

If the title is in your name, the car is yours. You can sell it if you wish.

I started dating a girl about a year ago. When I first meet her she didn't have a place to live or a car and her credit was horrible. So I decided to take a loan out for her so she could get a car as long as she paid the monthly bill. I also moved her in with me. For the most part she was good about paying it except for 1 month. A year later the relationship ended on bad terms. I'm wanting to get the car back or to put it in her name. Am I allowed to just take the car from her and sell it since its in my name?

Sure you can repossess YOUR car, but make sure you notify the local law enforcement agency BEFORE you do the sneaky snatch.

If the car isn't worth much, why not make her a deal?

Find out what the payoff would be on YOUR loan.

Tell her, if she gives you CASH, or a CASHIERS CHECK for the payoff amount, you'll sign the title over to her after you receive it from the lender.

Back