Retired Government Teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migos123

Jurisdiction
Other
Good Day everyone,

This situation has been stressing me out a lot at home
My mom is a retired teacher with the government, she isn't a citizen of our country
,but she is a resident
They did not pay her the lump sum that they owe her after retirement, because they said she needs to be a citizen, but she can't apply for citizenship because her passport expired , is there anything we can do ?
We aren't from the US, we are from Trinidad and Tobago
One of the requirements to apply for citizenship is a valid passport.
However, she is a Venezuelan, and to get a Venezuelan passport is extremely hard and she has been trying for the pass two years
She has been a permanent resident in Trinidad for years now though.
Any advice ?

My mom is a retired teacher with the government

Please explain what "teacher with the government" means.

she isn't a citizen of our country

When you refer to "our country," what country are you talking about?

They did not pay her the lump sum that they owe her after retirement, because they said she needs to be a citizen

Who are "they"?

she can't apply for citizenship because her passport expired

What makes you think the expiration of a passport deprives one of the ability to apply for citizenship?

is there anything we can do ?

It doesn't appear there is any "we" here. If your mother believes someone owes her money and that someone isn't paying, she should seek the services of an attorney.

We aren't from the US, we are from Trinidad and Tobago
One of the requirements to apply for citizenship is a valid passport.
However, she is a Venezuelan

Your statements that "we are from Trinidad and Tobago" and that "she is a Venezuelan" conflict with each other. Also, when you refer to needing a valid passport to apply for citizenship, in what country is your mother looking to apply for citizenship?

She has been a permanent resident in Trinidad for years now though.
Any advice ?

She should seek assistance from an attorney in T&T. These boards are for U.S. legal issues only.

Good Day everyone,
Any advice ?

Sorry, but this site focuses on law in the U.S. You'll need a site that focuses on law in Trinidad or Venezuela for help. If she might be able to get a passport from some other nation, perhaps that would help. Some small countries make doing that very easy.

My mom is a retired teacher with the government, she isn't a citizen of our country
,but she is a resident

You are posting from Trinidad and Tobago.

This website discusses the laws of the USA for the most part.

I suggest you seek legal help in T & T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back