retaliation/descrimination case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcates1

I was just fired from a job I had for three years. I was one of the oldest employees in the company. The doctor that I worked for is an addict(in and out of rehab), bipolar (medicated when he chooses to take it) and ordered to stay under psychiatric care. I am African-American and gay. How he found out about my sexual orientation, I don't know. According to one of the many supervisors that have come and gone in the company, he describes me as "one of those fairy boys that likes interior decorating." I am not femine nor do I like interior decorating. He hired several office managers who he instructed to find a way to get rid of me. When they found no fault with me nor my work he would either fire them or harass them until they quit. According to my conversations with him, he stated that someone told him that I said that I was going to sue him for his abuse and being prejudice. He told me that there is no way he would never allow me to sue him and have personalized license plates that would say "Thank Dr. ____." I asked him who told him something as rediculous as that and he refused to tell. I informed him that I did think it was fair that I was being he accountable for something that I didn't say. He told me that he believes that I said it. When I asked him to pull the person into the meeting that told him that I said I was going to sue him, he refused, stating that he did not want to start any ill will in the office with them(he obviously did not have a problem starting it with me).

Now, his practice is "fee for service," meaning we do not accept insurance for payment. However, as a courtesy to patient, we do verify their benefits and submit the first 2 claims for them. Once the first 2 claims are submitted, they're pretty much on their own concerning insurance. In the field that we work in, most insurance carriers don't even cover the treatment. I insured that patients that I would do everything in power, within legal limits, to get them reimbursed by their insurance company. The doctor wanted me to lie to the patients and tell them that they would get paid from their insurance company even when I knew that they did not have the coverage under their policy. Of course, I told him that-that is not how I operate and i refused to be dishonest. He responded by telling me that I was "f--kng" with his money by not lying for him and that he could not have that. He told me that I needed to do what I was told. He then made a formal announcement to the staff that he needed "lap dogs for employees" and not people with opinions or their own minds.

This doctor is a maniac. He describes himself as a "God." His own father, who is a well respected, world renowned doctor in the same field, stated that his son should not treating patients. His father also stated that his foul treatment of the patients does more harm to the human body than good. His father also threatened to report him the the State Board of Medicine if he did not straighten up. The doctors solution to that was he would train his assistance to do his job and he'll just "sit back and collect the money." He has stated on several occasions (publicly) that he never wants to see/meet the patients. He just wants their money.

This same doctors has been sued SEVERAL times for the harassment of employees and patients. Most of these suits were settled out of court. He is abusive, prejudice, sexist.

He forced me to use ALL of my vacation time toward the end of last year, and of course the patients are calling about not being paid by their insurance for the claims that I'd submitted. (btw...he was still lying to the patients, assuring them that they would get paid by their insurance company) He hired his sister, his best friend's wife and another young lady at the beginning of December 2009. He did that knowing there would be a landslide of phonecalls from patients trying to get paid from their insurance company. Me not being there gave him enough time to assure those 3 ladies that I was not doing my job and that I should be fired. He thinks he is a genius and that I didn't know what his plan was. I knew what his plans was when he forced me to take the vacation and had one of the ladies he hired to swindle me out of the office keys. They also went through my desk while I was gone and removed anything that could supposedly make him look bad in court. He also had me locked me out of my computer so that I could not get the notes that I was taking on his behavior. They did what they did not knowing his history of behavior. I don't fault them at all.

The stories of harassment, abuse, descrimination and prejudice are ENDLESS. I tolerated because I needed the job.

I would like to know if I have a case and if I should report him to the EEOC and the State Board of Medicine.

The reason I think he needs to be reported to the EEOC is because he has stated that he does not want any trace of African-Americans in his office...employees nor patients. The reason for that is that his office is to "upscale" for that.

Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back