1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Retaliation against an employee

Discussion in 'Discrimination & Sexual Harassment' started by FiyaHouse8, May 14, 2020.

1. FiyaHouse8

FiyaHouse8 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Louisiana
    When an employer engaged into adverse actions against an employee, is that not retaliation? Title VII protects an employee from retaliation, correct?

2. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

For you first question, the answer is: Not necessarily.

Please provide more facts.

3. FiyaHouse8

If an employee files a charge of discrimination against the employer for retaliation on unsafe acts and terminating them for filing with the EEOC. Is retaliation under Title VII?

4. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

FACTS. Not loaded questioned designed to provide the answer you want.

hrforme likes this.
  5. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

This question makes no sense as phrased. Certainly, not all "adverse actions" are "retaliation." Whether something is or isn't retaliation depends on the facts.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a federal law that protects employees against discrimination based on certain specified characteristics: race, color, national origin, sex, and religion. Under Title VII, an employer may not discriminate with regard to any term, condition, or privilege of employment. Areas that may give rise to violations include recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, training, disciplining, discharging, assigning work, measuring performance, or providing benefits. Retaliation for opposing discrimination under Title VII is also illegal.

This question is a grammatical mess, but I assume it is sufficiently answered by what I wrote above.

6. FiyaHouse8

Thank you it did help. Sorry for the wording, I'm so lost with law and research. I appreciate the help.

7. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

You'd get better results if you told us what is happening to you.

And please stop opening new threads every time you have a question. I suspect that all of your questions relate to your situation.

Zigner and justblue like this.