Restraining order

Tcarmony

A restraining order was issued to me by my ex boyfriend, which I have not violated at all. However, I am moving and the area I am looking in is in close proximity to where his brother lives, whom he visits frequently. Will I be in violation of the order if I am in the same area as the brother?

A restraining order was issued to me by my ex boyfriend, which I have not violated at all. However, I am moving and the area I am looking in is in close proximity to where his brother lives, whom he visits frequently. Will I be in violation of the order if I am in the same area as the brother?

Normally the restraining order describes precisely what you can't do, and how far away you must be from the other party.

Generally it goes something like this:

cease any and all further harassment;
order the Respondent (that would be YOU) not to contact you and your family at any time;
permit the police to arrest the Respondent (again, that is YOU) without a warrant for any violations of the restraining order

You, the respondent, are required to stay 330 feet, amybe 500 feet, be smart and make it 1,000 FEET or more, away from the petitioner (your former BF)

Notice, you are usually enjoined from contacting the petitioner's FAMILY, that would be his brother you mentioned.

Why even move in that area of town?
If you are in a store, a restaurant, you are supposed to immediately EXIT the facility if you observe one of the protected parties present.

What you are planning could be taken not as you intended it by the court.
The only one who has an opinion that matters is the judge who issued the order.

Common sense and logic tells you, stay as far away and farther from any of those people, or risk arrest and legal issues, and court costs, and fines!

I'm sure you have better things to do that keep seeing some judge over some nonsense.

Plus, I'm sure you're a pretty decent person and don't need that little nothing whiner to complete you.

Be smart, stay away, far away form his entire tribe.

Back