Restraining order

My parents want to put a restraing order against my boyfriend who is 18 ill be 18 in august How can i get it lifted?

It won't need to be lifted, until your parents obtain the order of protection.
If your parents do obtain one, you can simply tell your presents to bugger off, as you leave their lovely home on your 18th birthday to spend your life under the oppressive boot of Mr Right.
Good luck.

Sorry, I missed that in the lack of punctuation.

Monicah, as long as you are under 18, what your parents say goes. If they don't want you to see your boyfriend, then as long as you are 17 you don't see your boyfriend. If they don't want him at the house, then he doesn't come to the house. You don't get to BREATHE unless your parents say it's okay.

When you turn 18, and not one minute before, you are free to walk out the door and never look back. You can see anyone you want to and your parents can't say a word about it. Of course, they also don't have to pay a cent towards your support, either. And if you want to remain under their roof, it's their house - their rules.

Assuming your parents are able to get a restraining order, there is not a single thing, short of passing your 18th birthday, that you can do to have it lifted. So you might want to make nice with Mom and Dad because they have it in their power to make life absolutely miserable for you until you are no longer a minor.

Back