resourses needed for 15 yr old in Ca

M

mommacat

Jurisdiction
California
Where can I go to get resources for my defiant, disrespectful 15 yr old. She won't go to school, is smoking pot with her friends, physically and verbally abusive to her sisters. She's out of control, doesnt want to live here. "Hates us". Im at its end. It is affecting our family. The other 2 kids one older, one younger dislike being around her. She doesn't like when you touch her things, but will be the first to go through your room to take what she wants. She has a therapist, wont go see her. Had to call the police today to get her to school.

Where can I go to get resources for my defiant, disrespectful 15 yr old. She won't go to school, is smoking pot with her friends, physically and verbally abusive to her sisters. She's out of control, doesnt want to live here. "Hates us". Im at its end. It is affecting our family. The other 2 kids one older, one younger dislike being around her. She doesn't like when you touch her things, but will be the first to go through your room to take what she wants. She has a therapist, wont go see her. Had to call the police today to get her to school.

You can start by getting her committed under an emergency order for a psych eval TODAY.

Then you can petition the juvenile court to intervene because of truancy, stealing, and drug abuse.

CHINS or PINS petition in Californa:

CHINS - child in need of services
PINS - peron in need of services

When a Teenager is Out of Control

Children in Need of Services (CHINS) Overview - Avvo.com

Chins petition | Legal Advice

Your local police, hospital emergency room can help with the emergency psych eval.

CA Codes (wic:5150-5155)

Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health-Our Services-Countywide Services-Countywide Detail

You are the parent. She doesn't get a choice in going to a therapist. If you can't handle raising her, get her into a residential school for students with behavior issues or mental/emotional issues.

Back