Premises Liability rentral truck hit a height restrictor in IKEA

C

chenj16

Jurisdiction
Ontario
drove a rental truck into the parking lot of IKEA North York, hit the height restrictor bar and damaged the box of the cube truck. IKEA is in the process of assessing the slight damage to the steel metal bar by a structural engineer to quote repair cost, i'm afraid this could be huge $$$$ if they pass the bill to me.

1/ would my personal auto insurance cover this as 3rd party liability claim? (i did purchase CDW insurance for the rental as well)
2/ can i blame IKEA that the bar damaged my truck due to unclear sign or caution? what if i was severely injured from this impact?

I suggest you ask your personal auto insurance provider.

It serves no useful purpose to speculate about the actions IKEA might take, until you know what IKEA eventually does.

This forum focuses on US based laws.

It might behoove you to consult a few solicitors in the Province of Ontario.

drove a rental truck into the parking lot of IKEA North York, hit the height restrictor bar and damaged the box of the cube truck. IKEA is in the process of assessing the slight damage to the steel metal bar by a structural engineer to quote repair cost, i'm afraid this could be huge $$$$ if they pass the bill to me.

The same answers apply that I gave you on the other site.

Back