Rent, Utilities Renting a room

ParfumGirl84

Hi All - I rent a room from someone that owns the condo. They told me that I needed to move on the 18th of May. They were flexible and said I could move by the end of June. However, I found a place within a week. I would be moving May 29th. Do I have to pay half of June's rent and can the landlord take my deposit? In addition, I did not receive a written notice to move. Below is the terms of my lease (copied and pasted from my lease agreement). "a month to month basis. the agreement will continue for successive terms of one month each until landlord or tenants terminate by giving the other 30 days written notice of an intention to terminate the premises. in the event of such notice is given, the tenant agrees to pay all rent up to and including the notice period.

Thank you,

Hi All - I rent a room from someone that owns the condo. They told me that I needed to move on the 18th of May. They were flexible and said I could move by the end of June. However, I found a place within a week. I would be moving May 29th. Do I have to pay half of June's rent and can the landlord take my deposit? In addition, I did not receive a written notice to move. Below is the terms of my lease (copied and pasted from my lease agreement). "a month to month basis. the agreement will continue for successive terms of one month each until landlord or tenants terminate by giving the other 30 days written notice of an intention to terminate the premises. in the event of such notice is given, the tenant agrees to pay all rent up to and including the notice period.

Thank you,

There is no way anyone could answer what your landlord will do, your roommate will do, or anyone will do.
I suggest you start talking to the people that live with you.

Back