Removing a PPO order

L

larna04

Jurisdiction
Michigan
My husband's sister obtained a PPO against him by claiming he threatend her, due to a previous threat years before and concurrent litigation surrounding changes to a will. The judge said she would error on the of caution by granting it. Now a year later when he is expecting it to expire, she has filed for an extension. There has been absolutly no contact whatsoever. What can we expect from her request given that my husband agreed to being disinherited when she moved their 96 yr old mother to las vegas to file the new will.

What can we expect from her request

I have no idea. I'm not clairvoyant.

Nor do I have any idea what

given that my husband agreed to being disinherited when she moved their 96 yr old mother to las vegas to file the new will.

that has to do with anything.

If there is a hearing all I can suggest is that your husband go to it and speak his peace and whatever happens happens.

My husband's sister obtained a PPO against him by claiming he threatend her, due to a previous threat years before and concurrent litigation surrounding changes to a will. The judge said she would error on the of caution by granting it. Now a year later when he is expecting it to expire, she has filed for an extension. There has been absolutly no contact whatsoever. What can we expect from her request given that my husband agreed to being disinherited when she moved their 96 yr old mother to las vegas to file the new will.

He can go to the hearing and dispute it or let it be extended. If he doesn't have any desire to have contact with her, then doesn't the order help him stay away from her?

It's ultimately up to the judge hearing the case.

It doesn't sound as if your husband wants to have anything to do with his sister, so what is his concern about the order?

Brother, that is a question no one has ever answered (properly, completely, unemotionally) whenever I've asked it.

Back