removal of permanent property markers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabele46

Recently the DOT had road work done on the street where I live and removed 2 of my permanent property markers (survey pins) and have told me they have no obligation to replace them. Is this true?

mabele46 said:
Recently the DOT had road work done on the street where I live and removed 2 of my permanent property markers (survey pins) and have told me they have no obligation to replace them. Is this true?

Have you spoken with DOT legal in their HQ city (the State Capitol)???

Try that next, if you haven't.

I'm guessing they probably can do as they said.

They're the government after all, and seem to have no problem confiscating our wages in the name of taxes.

I suppose they can get away with whatever they choose, because you'd have to sue the boogers in their court system!!!

The survey pin locations are memorialized in your recorded deed at the Court house. They are nice to have for the surveyor but completely unnecessary for the survey. Still I would do as Army said and complain to their main office. My guess is that they will replace them. The road repair crews are generally private enterprises who won a government contract. They are going to do as little as possible so I'm not surprised that they said they won't replace them. Talk to DOT and see if they will make them do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back