Relief restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietter

My boyfriend is an alcoholic and he got drank 3 days ago. he broke the wall and a chair to release his anger when he was drank. However, he still tried to protect me for keeping me a distance from him. First, he locked himself in the bedroom to keep drinking and kept me in the living room. When he came out of the bedroom to stay in the living room. He asked me to go into the bedroom. At night, I was on bed and tried to get some rest but he laid on the floor at the end of the bed screaming of the whole body was so painful and asked God to help him. I got up and tried to check with him to see whether I could help him with anything. He pushed me away and I was off balance and fell on the mattress since the back of my knees was so close to the mattress. He pushed me and my knees bent and I fell on the edge of the mattress. My body then slipped off the mattress and my head landed on the heater next to the bed at the bottom of the wall. I was bleeding but I knew it wasn't serious hurt. After my boyfriend noticed that I was bleeding, he put a towel on my head and asked me to press it to stop the bleeding. He cried and apologized to me. He held me tight the whole night to make sure I was okay. He kept asking me whether I needed an ambulance. I said I didn't want to because I cannot afford it. He called his mom but no answer and he called his sister to ask for help. She said that she would call the cops but I convinced her that this is not helping my boyfriend to stop drinking to put him in jail. The next morning when he got up, he was still drank and went so crazy that kept screaming loud of the body pain. I was scared and didn't know what to do. I ran out of the apartment and called his mom to come over. His mom came with his step dad and she called the cops to report the incidence. He got arrested and his court date is in 2 days. I found out from the district attroney that he was put into a restraining order for not contacting me. I was shock and I really didn't want it to happen. We both love each other. With my comfort and partnership with him, he started to try to stop drinking for 2 months already but he just started again 3 days ago that I could not understand what triggered his alcohol craving. He didn't really push me to hurt me. It was an accident. Pls can anyone help me of how to get the judge to relief the restraining order. My boyfriend will be so depressed if he cannot stay with me. It can only put him in a stressful situation that is not helping him to stop drinking. He has no place to stay except with me. He is unemployed and no money at all. His mom seems not going to help him. I am so frustrated and I want to do something on the court date to ask the judge to relief the restraining order but don't know what is the right step to do. pls can someone help me. It's urgent because I only have 2 days to prepare. Thanks in advance for any useful advice.

quieter

Are you serious?
Really, really?
You can not cure an alcoholic.
He needs professional help.
If you love him, you'll work with the court to get him that help.
If he loves you, he'll get that help.
What you described is a very dangerous and violent situation.
You are very lucky.
The next time he could get a gun or a knife and in his alcohol induced rage, it could be worse.
It does get worse.
The person you described is a ticking time bomb.
You are not able to help this man.
You are better served being away from him.
Normal people do not scream all night and attack the ones they love.
If you think that what he did to you is loving, you need help, too!
Contact the nearest Alcoholics Anonymous group and ask them to tell you how to help an alcoholic.
Good luck...

Are you serious?
Really, really?
You can not cure an alcoholic.
He needs professional help.
If you love him, you'll work with the court to get him that help.
If he loves you, he'll get that help.
What you described is a very dangerous and violent situation.
You are very lucky.
The next time he could get a gun or a knife and in his alcohol induced rage, it could be worse.
It does get worse.
The person you described is a ticking time bomb.
You are not able to help this man.
You are better served being away from him.
Normal people do not scream all night and attack the ones they love.
If you think that what he did to you is loving, you need help, too!
Contact the nearest Alcoholics Anonymous group and ask them to tell you how to help an alcoholic.
Good luck...

Couldn't agree more.

OP, please take this advice seriously.

Quieter,

Please don't take what we are saying as unkind or anything like that. We want to help you and your boyfriend too.

1. He is a serious alcoholic who is having physical reactions to the alcohol that WILL KILL HIM in short order if he does not stop his drinking.

2. He is alco-psychotic (that means he is cracking up from the alcohol) and his body is developing a severe anaphylactic reaction to alcohol (thus the pain). If he does not get medical and psychological help he will DIE.

3. You are in serious danger with him. Accidental death is JUST AS PERMANENT as murder. He can cry by your grave if he didn't mean it but you will still be DEAD. If your temple or the back of your head hit that radiator you might not be here to ask for help.

4. He does not need to go to jail but he desperately needs to go to an in house alcohol rehabilitation center RIGHT NOW. He needs to be checked into a hospital.

5. Go to Alcoholics Anonymous and explain the problem, they probably have psychologists that can have him checked into (by force if necessary) a state facility.

This is not a choice. He must get help or you must get away from him. No Judge in his right mind is going to lift a restraining order against him. If the Judge finds out that he has been around you even with your permission, he will go straight to jail. If you don't listen to us he will end up in jail or dead and you will too.

Good luck, I feel for you but this is your only real choice. Anything else is absolutely insane.

Thank you and need further help

Thanks for all your responses to my case. My boyfriend pleads not guilty this morning and was scheduled to have a trial hearing later. The DA wants to charge him with first time domestic violence with a year probation with ankle brace and attending classes. I made a statement to the judge stating that it was an accident that I fell and was hurt. However, I did it in a third person points form in the statement like, "His girfriend doesn't feel being threatened by him". I summarized it in a small paragraph back in the first person stated that I would like to have the restraining order to be lifted. Of course, the judge didn't lift the restraining order as you all told me.

My question now are:
1) Since I wasn't the one to call the cops (his mom did), how can I not press charges to my boyfriend and want to drop the case.
2) Do I still need to contact the DA?
3) Can I show up in his trail just saying it's an accident and I don't want to press charges to make the case to be dismissed.
4) How likely my boyfriend will have no charged and dismissed from the case with no record of domestic violence?

He told his mom that he desperately will go to the alcohol rehab centre and get help. I don't want him to have domestic violence charges in his record plus it was really an accident and he didn't push me in the purpose to hurt me. It was me lost the balance and fell. Please can anyone give me some advise of what should I do in his trail hearing to help him out of that. Thanks in advance for all your kindly help.

If you tell that lie, you'll possibly face perjury charges.
It is no longer up to you.
The state prosecutes offenders, not the person that was harmed.
Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
You cheat him and you by lying.
He wants help.
Why do you wish to deny him the help he so desperately needs?
If you carry out your plan, it'll end up backfiring on you and him!

It is not a lie. I already told the truth. He didn't hit me or beat me. It was an accident that he pushed me and I lost balance and fell. He never touch me or hurt me. Please don't take it wrong. This is the truth and I don't want to press charges for domestic violence because it's not. Thanks for your advice.

Quietter, if you just stick to the story that he did not mean to hurt you, and he doesn't plead guilty, he will win the case. They have no means of proving anything except by your testimony. If you maintain that he did not mean to hurt you and that you lost your balance and fell, he will be ok.

That doesn't mean that you can skip the rehab. This man is dangerous to himself and you until he is free of the liquor. Tell the DA that you are not going to change your story and that you do not want him prosecuted because he did not mean to hurt you (if that is the truth). His actions later seem to support that. Without you to testify, they have no case. If you don't change your story neither of you have a problem.

Thanks for your advice. I don't want to press charges to ruin his future for something that he didn't do it. He is an alcoholic is the truth. Alcoholic is an uncure disease but it doesn't mean we have to prejudice them and sentence them to be a bad guy. Everybody have their own story behind to make them of who they are right now. I just hope that he will choose differently and make his life better. I want him to go to the rehab. also but he has to recognize his needs by his heart. Thanks for all your professional advices. I believe that there is always a good reason why things happened in life. We both are learning. All I posted here is the truth. I did not lie or hide anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back