Regarding Vehicle Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAgurl

I'm not sure if I'm in the right area, but....
I'll try to give the abbreviated version of this...
I own multiple vehicles. All titled in my name. My live in boyfriend and i split up. He takes 3 of my vehicles. I ask for their return and he outright refuses. (Police, btw, will not get involved saying it's a civil matter) He disappears. 5 months after our split I find where one of the vehicles is parked and take it. (btw he finds out and calls me threatning me...police won't do anything) 18 months later I find his residence and the remaining 2 cars. Upon finding him I hire a repossesor and upon showing proof of ownership (PA titles) they go and pick up the 2 vehicles.
The ex-bf sends me multiple emails saying he is going to sue me. Claiming he purchased the vehicles, claiming he put money into them, etc, etc.

My question is whether he really has any claim to these vehicles? He only had them in his possession because he refused to return them. (Unfortunately I didn't know at the time to put these requests in writing or email so it was over the phone)

Any input or case references would be great! Thanks!

He's an angry idiot.

If I were you, I wouldn't waste time worrying about what this angry idiot could do.

You fortunately were smart enough to retrieve your vehicles.

I'd just ignore this thieving buffoon. He can sue you. Anyone can sue anyone they wish to sue. You just need the funds to file the case.

If he sues you, he won't win. You're the sole owner. Avoid all contact with this crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back