? Regarding restraining order against me by girlfriend's (minor) parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingsoc

Hello all. My name is Max and this is my first post. This is actually the reason I registered to this website, but I am aspiring to be a lawyer, so I feel like I'll be around often anyway. Okay, on to it.

I am 18. My girlfriend is 16. Her parents are abusive, but are good about hiding it, and I do not want to cause any more trouble for her by reporting them to CPS or whatever. I don't think it could get proven anyway. Alas, they are threatening to get a restraining order against me to keep me away from her, not due to any fault on my part. I have never hit her or abused her in any form or fashion, aside from a couple carpet burns on her back.

All joking aside, I love this girl. I would be willing to wait until she's 18, but that would just blow. Yes, very poetic. Whatever. I looked up the laws about restraining orders in Mississippi, and I read that they cannot be granted without evidence of abuse. I am not sure if there are statutes or what-not about a guardians control over a minor and their ability to restrain someone from them, for them. I need to know the facts.

I need an answer to this question. I hope that this is the right thread in which to post. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I will give many, many thanks.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back