Refuses to pay Child support in Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

regina0827

My ex has only pain 500 dollars in child support over the past couple of years. He has been put in jail more than once because of it. He works but he's self-employed and does not report his income so I have no way to intercept his tax return or garnish his wages. Every time he goes in front of the judge he has some lame excuse as to why he can't pay right now but promises he's going to start. Obviously he never does. He is on probation for unrelated criminal charges.... I've read that I can complain to the DA and get a criminal charge brought against him for not paying, which could also be a probation violation. Is this true?

Possibly, but it seems like there is no way you can force him to pay child support. Men who are adament about not paying will go to extreme lengths to avoid it. You can get his tax return if he even files taxes. Have you also complained to child support enforcement? If he goes to jail he definitely will not be paying CS but if he doesn't pay anyways, I guess it won't matter.

Possibly, but it seems like there is no way you can force him to pay child support. Men who are adament about not paying will go to extreme lengths to avoid it. You can get his tax return if he even files taxes. Have you also complained to child support enforcement? If he goes to jail he definitely will not be paying CS but if he doesn't pay anyways, I guess it won't matter.

He does not file taxes. He does not own any assets individually. No bank accounts. No vehicles. He gets relatives to put the stuff in their names for him so it can't be touched. He can't get a passport. No hunting or fishing license. The problem is that none of these things really affect him because he finds a way around them.

So I am left watching him ride around in brand new vehicles, living in nice homes and spending his money with no regard to our children. He does a few days in jail here and there. And he has a great big laugh when he gets out and does it all over again.

I can only imagine that an actual felony warrant might scare him enough to realize that this is not a joke or something he can avoid forever. Which is why I was wondering if what I read was true for all states or just certain ones???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back