Refund down payment

B

Blue10

Jurisdiction
Colorado
Just bought a car on friday put 3000 down drove it to Denver took it back on monday. transmission started slipping I asked for a refund they told me they will not give refund and only credit it to a another car ,but can be canceled by the seller at any time within ten days ..I was thinking of calling the credit union at the last minute so they won't finance my car or any other credit unions and contract get voided with in ten days good or bad idea ??

was thinking of calling the credit union at the last minute so they won't finance my car or any other credit unions and contract get voided with in ten days good or bad idea ??

You need to read your SIGNED purchase documents.

You are entitled to a refund, less "wear and tear" on the car for the days you used it.

However, if the seller isn't willing to refund your money, unless you buy another car from his lot, that's a bigger problem.

The car lot has you over a barrel.

The credit union may be able to help, so give it a try.

Whatever money you get back, don't buy anymore uses cars yntil you've paiud YOUR mechanic to test the car and tell you how roadworthy it is.

Never trust the seller's representations, because the seller has but one motive, take your money and give you his junk!!!

Just bought a car on friday put 3000 down drove it to Denver took it back on monday. transmission started slipping I asked for a refund they told me they will not give refund and only credit it to a another car ,but can be canceled by the seller at any time within ten days ..I was thinking of calling the credit union at the last minute so they won't finance my car or any other credit unions and contract get voided with in ten days good or bad idea ??

OK I read the documents and it says if they can't sell my contract to a financial institution the seller may cancel the agreement ..and in order for this to happen I would have to get denied by the financial institution ..and they said I can only credit my money to another car on there lot they said no refund no matter what ..I have ten days before finacial institute picks up my contract and approve it and I'm asking should I tell the bank the transmission shot will it backfire on me ..

I have ten days before finacial institute picks up my contract and approve it and I'm asking should I tell the bank the transmission shot will it backfire on me ..

That is a gamble and a decision only you can make.

The NO REFUND policy, except LOT CREDIT might be illegal.

Call a couple local lawyers and ask them if that is LEGAL in Colorado, or in your city/county.

Some localities prohibit such policies.

Take a look at the law and the agency that regulates used car dealers in CO:
Filing a Complaint - Auto Industry Division | Department of Revenue – Enforcement
Maybe you see something that can help you.
Also, call your city hall, and your county government, maybe there are local laws that can help you.

Back