reduce debts

jeanne1960

I owe 32,000 in back child support, our children are grown and live in there owe apts. I'm on DSHS and have been for 8 years. Support was based upon a job at Boeing, which I was terminated prior to my divorce, is there any way of reducing this debt.
Thank you LJB

When you lost the job upon which the support was based, you could have gone to court to have your support reduced. This far after the fact I don't think so. The fact that your children are NOW grown is really irrelevant. The back support is owed for their childhood years and your ex managed to get them through those years on his/her own. They probably did that by doing without for themselves, pinching pennies, working 2nd jobs and/or perhaps going into debt. The back support is owed to that person.

However, it wouldn't hurt to spend a few minutes having a free consultation with a lawyer in your area to see if there is any relief.

Agree, run it by a lawyer. This would have to be done through the court system.

I owe 32,000 in back child support, our children are grown and live in there owe apts. I'm on DSHS and have been for 8 years. Support was based upon a job at Boeing, which I was terminated prior to my divorce, is there any way of reducing this debt.
Thank you LJB

Please don't ask the same question in different threads, or change your user name to avoid being banned again or to post what you believe to be a different question because you are using a different user name, thank you.

Back