RECEIVING REFUND FOR WITHDRAWN FINE

B

Brianna M

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Could anyone provide me with a possible reason behind why the bank has been holding my check (a refund for my payment towards a fine that was withdrawn) for a MONTH now. Notice of withdrawal was received Feb. 24th, and I was told the check should be at my residence within 7-10 business days. I called as it has been almost a month and was told the check was issued, but the bank has a hold on it.

Could anyone provide me with a possible reason behind why the bank has been holding my check (a refund for my payment towards a fine that was withdrawn) for a MONTH now. Notice of withdrawal was received Feb. 24th, and I was told the check should be at my residence within 7-10 business days. I called as it has been almost a month and was told the check was issued, but the bank has a hold on it.

When I've seen that occur, most of the time the person still owed the fine, or the fine was never rescinded.

If that is what's causing your dilemma, the money is sitting somewhere with which you can once more try to pay the fine.

If you do as suggested above (TWICE), you'll have your answer before noon on Wednesday.

Back