received nothing

joicelaine

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I purchased some wood from Terceropallets. When I called and asked for directrion he told me to just meet him at his house. We met and came to an agreement as to what I needed. My total came to $325.00. I gave him a check for $175.00 and would pay the balance when he delivered it the next day. The next day came and he said he didnt have it ready and wait one more day. One more day came and he said alternator problems and then rain. The next day was Sunday. On Monday I called and texted and can not get an answer from him. I have sent many messagaes and he will not reply. I do not know what to do. I looked up the business address that Craigs list showed and it shows that a Pallet company named EE Pallets is there. Should I go to his house and confront him? (If that is his house)

I purchased some wood from Terceropallets. When I called and asked for directrion he told me to just meet him at his house. We met and came to an agreement as to what I needed. My total came to $325.00. I gave him a check for $175.00 and would pay the balance when he delivered it the next day. The next day came and he said he didnt have it ready and wait one more day. One more day came and he said alternator problems and then rain. The next day was Sunday. On Monday I called and texted and can not get an answer from him. I have sent many messagaes and he will not reply. I do not know what to do. I looked up the business address that Craigs list showed and it shows that a Pallet company named EE Pallets is there. Should I go to his house and confront him? (If that is his house)

This is what I found about the pallet company, more than likely just something the SCAMMER used to snooker his targets:

https://plus.google.com/+TERCEROLLCCUSTOMWOODRECYCLING/posts/1jEv3q86Qy2

BBB Business Profile | Tercero Pallets

More than likely you have become another innocent victim of the hundreds of scammers and predators that ply their evil craft on the site known as "craigslist".

You might be able to report the matter to your local police or sheriff.

Whichever law enforcement agency you choose MIGHT tell you that yours is a civil matter.

If that is what you learn, you could try to sue the GHOST scammer in small claims court.

I doubt you'll ever be able to identify the scammer that stole your $175.00.

It would be extremely FOOLISH to visit the place you believe to be the LAIR of the scammer.

The scammer could kill you, rape you, or otherwise violate you in a state of inebriation fueled by alcohol, illegal drugs, or both.

This is a cheap lesson in the game of life, don't buy anything off of the scammer's paradise, known to you as "craigslist".

You would be best served to spend your hard earned money at reputable business.

This is a cheap lesson in the game of life, don't buy anything off of the scammer's paradise, known to you as "craigslist".

o_O

At least don't hand over any money until the item(s) is in your hands, in your car/truck, on your front stoop.

PS: There may still be time to stop pay on your check. Though the scammer probably went right to your bank and cashed it.

o_O

At least don't hand over any money until the item(s) is in your hands, in your car/truck, on your front stoop.

PS: There may still be time to stop pay on your check. Though the scammer probably went right to your bank and cashed it.

We are all free to make the decisions that we believe are in our best interests.

My wife calls me the cheapest person she knows.

I smile and reply, "My idol was Jack Benny." :)

I'm not cheap, just frugal, like my second favorite idol, Scrooge McDuck. LOL

I spend my hard earned money with those I know to be honest, in the business sense.

I would never spend a dollar to purchase anything on the scammer's paradise, aka, "craigslist".

Should I go to his house and confront him?

You want a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet to opine about the advisability of a person we don't know (you) going to the house of some other person we don't know and "confront[ing] him" in some unknown way? I can't conceive why that would be valuable to you, but what the heck: my answer is no.

Given that you've posted on a legal message board, I would think you'd have asked a legal question. In that regard, you are free to sue this person in small claims court. You may also still have time to stop payment on the check, although it seems like this happened no more recently than last Thursday, so he may already have cashed the check. In the future, I hope you will make better decisions before writing 3+ figure checks.

Hi Joicelaine, Im a bit taken back. I dont understand why or what has made you to have such an awful idea of me or my company. As I have kept in comunication via text and emails with who I apparently thought was you. As I explained, we have had rained veryday for the past 4 days. And Again I was concerned that the soft lond and expensive wood planks that you picked out would "fish-tail" with the rain and awful hummitity. I adjusted price as you had explained to me of having a difficult finance issue. I also offered you free labor and you ask me that you would need help to clean your yard and rake an abundance amount of trash and debre. I through in a free delivery even though you live 85miles away from us. You asked me to help install and i agreed. As per meeting me at my home, it was after hours, night time, and i simply thought it would make you more comfortable in the case that you would choose to make any money exchange. I gave you a company reciept, and emailed you it aswell. I genuinely figured that rain, hummidity, and sun do not go well with wood. However, thank you for ypour interst in my company, I respect your concern, and I'm more than happy to mail you your check as we have not taken it to my special bank, nor cashed it at the local liquor store, or however else you might think we ran off with your money!!! Please forward me the correct address to send you this check via reg. mail. One last thing, you never responded back to me as off Monday and have in mind that when you drove up to my house, My wife Eleanor and my grandson Juliann greeted you and friend. So yes, this was my actual real residence, not a craigslist scam address of any sort....

You want a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet to opine about the advisability of a person we don't know (you) going to the house of some other person we don't know and "confront[ing] him" in some unknown way? I can't conceive why that would be valuable to you, but what the heck: my answer is no.

Given that you've posted on a legal message board, I would think you'd have asked a legal question. In that regard, you are free to sue this person in small claims court. You may also still have time to stop payment on the check, although it seems like this happened no more recently than last Thursday, so he may already have cashed the check. In the future, I hope you will make better decisions before writing 3+ figure checks.
We are more than glad to mail her check back, we have had rain for past 4 days. Her choice in wood material will not mix well with rain, sun and hummidity. I did ask to meet at my house for 2 important reasons, 1- was after hours and getting dark, 2- she mentioned a possible deposit/moeney exchange...... She was greeted by my wife and grandson, which makes me wonder why it would not be my true residence.. Anyhow, check is in my hands waiting to be returned to you, thank you for your interest in my company..

We are all free to make the decisions that we believe are in our best interests.

My wife calls me the cheapest person she knows.

I smile and reply, "My idol was Jack Benny." :)

I'm not cheap, just frugal, like my second favorite idol, Scrooge McDuck. LOL

I spend my hard earned money with those I know to be honest, in the business sense.

I would never spend a dollar to purchase anything on the scammer's paradise, aka, "craigslist".
I truly do agree with your response. However in this case, she was greeted by my wife and grandson as she walked into my home. She had no means of transporting a truck full of lumber, as per my humble request to her was to throw in a free delivery even though she lives 85 miles away. Unfortunetly, we have had rain for the past 4 days. Her choice in wood, would never make it without fishtailing. I have been in constent communication with her via texts and emails. However, we have not ran off with her hard earned money nor cashed the check at the local liquor store. I am more than glad to cancel her order and mail her check bask asap... I do thank her for her interest in my company, thanks so much!

Back